Strong Roots of Faithful Service

Early in 1897 a group of Christians gathered to discuss the formation of a Lutheran congregation in

Webster Groves. Christ Lutheran Church held its first service on March 14, 1897. Over the years, Christ Lutheran has merged with other smaller congregations and continues to grow today with new members and missions. We have acquired the building at 17 Selma Ave. in order to expand our youth and education programs: the rennovated Arden Mead Center for Youth & Community is continuing to be a spiritual home for people committed to service in the name of Jesus Christ.

We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.  For information about our demographics, look us up on the  ELCA website.